Translate

Thursday 27 June 2013

Musical no shows, charity events and lots more

Hello all,

Another week has gone by in the busy restaurant world. This last week had all sorts going on...

So the first thing I would like to do is, as owner of Les Caveaux Tapas & Wine Bar apologize to anyone who turned up last Friday evening expecting to see the very talented, young Miss Katie Skinner perform. I had tried to ring Katie every day in the build up to Friday night just to check that everything was OK and that she was ready for her performance. I didn't think anything of not being able to get hold of her after the first couple of days, yet I did start to worry when by Thursday she hadn't replied to my now growing stack of increasing number of voice-mails and text messages! By Thursday/Friday it was too shorter notice to organize someone else to step in (just in-case Katie didn't turn up). Friday evening came around and their had still been no contact. I was therefore left praying she would turn up and say that I had been stupid worrying all this time. Unfortunately this was not the case. I was left looking a little bit stupid and slightly embarrassed as this was the first time an act hasn't showed up, (and without warning). I have still not heard from Miss Skinner but I do hope we can re-arrange for another time. Keep an eye on the 'What's On' page of our website and our display board outside the restaurant to find out when she will return.

So following the embarrassment of the no showing musician, here is some really positive news! Last Friday marked our latest charity event in conjunction with 'The Forget Me Not Trust'. 'Wrong trousers day' was well received by all and we raised over £150.00 for the charity. This money was raised through a percentage of each bill being given to charity along with a raffle. The prize of a meal for two was won by Kathryn from The Yorkshire Building Society (Holmfirth Branch). It was a really great event and was really nice to feel like we were giving something back. I know that the money raised has gone to a good cause and was well worth the effort. I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone that helped us to support the day!





 



It really was as much fun as it looked!


This coming Friday will see the eagerly anticipated return of Luke and Olivia McNeil. This duo of young classical guitarists will entertain both floors of diners from around 9pm. They are both blessed with a natural musical talent and really do produce a quite wonderful sound. This only adds further to an already buzzing restaurant ambiance and atmosphere.  Luke and Olivia are both are students of Huddersfield Grammar School and have been playing guitar from a very young age. "I love playing in the restaurant, the first time I played, I finished playing a song and all the diners eating their food stopped to clap me, it gave me a real buzz!" Said Luke.








I'd like to stick with this positive tone and draw peoples attention to Trip Advisor. Now I have to say, this in the past hasn't (and probably never will be) one of my favourite things. Now I know your probably thinking; well my restaurant has probably had some bad reviews and that's why I don't like it. That is not strictly true! In fact I would say a very large majority of reviewers write lovely things about Les Caveaux Tapas & Wine Bar. I do sometimes think what is written can lose it's context online and not everything written is completely fair or a true reflection of reality (rant over!). However, having said that I do encourage people to use it. If someone has had a great time, FANTASTIC! If their experience hasn't been what they had hoped I would still encourage you to write a review or come and tell me (I'm not scary in the slightest!). Whether things have gone really well or badly I would prefer to know and Trip Advisor is a good way of gauging our ongoing performance. For some time now our feedback has been excellent and long may this continue. I can promise you that all my team will get the proverbial kick up the... if standards were ever seen to be slipping!
On the back of the above I would invite anyone reading this blog to write me your reviews of Les Caveaux Tapas & Wine Bar and post them on Trip Advisor. It is great way for me to ensure all the right things are being done and that our standards remain at the highest possible level!

So that's it for this week. I invite you all to come and dine with us this week/weekend, take advantage of our great 'Wine & Dine for £30' offer that is still running from Sunday to Friday each and every week. Come on give me a call on 01484 689003 or book online www.lescaveauxholmfirth.co.uk and book your table.

Look forward to seeing you all,

Tom Binns
Les Caveaux Tapas & Wine Bar
Holmfirth
01484 689003

No comments:

Post a Comment